Nama : AJI TRI SAMBODO
NPM : 10210466
Kelas : 4EA18
TASK 1
1.
Difference Between Simple
Past and Present Perfect
The simple past
tense indicates that an activity or situation began and ended at a
particular time in the past. The present perfect expresses the idea
that something happened (or never happened) before now, at an unspecified
time in the past.The exact time it happened is not important. It also expresses
the repetition of an activity before now. The exact time of each
repetition is not important.
2.
Subject
- Verb Agreement
Subject-verb agreement just means using the right version of the verb to agree with the subject.
ex: Cars is coming
3.
Difference Between Possessive
Pronoun and Possessive Adjective
A possessive pronoun takes the place of a noun that belongs to someone or something.The possessive pronouns are: mine, yours, his, hers, ours.
ex : The house on
the corner is ours. A possessive adjective describes a noun as
belonging to someone or something. A possessive adjective is placed just before
the noun it describes.The possessive adjectives are: my, your, his, her, our,
their, it's.
ex : Our house is on the corner.
ex : Our house is on the corner.
4.
Collective
Noun
a collective noun is the name of a number (or collection) of people or things taken together and spoken of as one whole. For example, in the phrase "a pride of lions",pride is a collective noun.
TASKS 2
What is a Verb Complement?
A verb complement is the arrangement of one verb as the object of
another verb.
This happens three ways in English:
This happens three ways in English:
1.
With
Infinitives
ex : I asked her
to leave, I wanted to leave, I helped him to leave,
I stopped for the child to cross the street.
2.
With
Gerunds
ex : I considered leaving
the job, I regretted his leaving the job, They decided on leaving.
3.
With
Noun Clauses
ex : I insisted that
he leave, I wondered why he left, She acknowledged that
she had left the job, He didn’t know that she had left, She
decided when she would leave.
Verb and Preposition followed by Gerund.
Verb and Preposition followed by Gerund.
ex : After being stopped
by the police, George admitted to having drunk two pints of
beer.
Adjective and Preposition followed by Gerund
Adjective and Preposition followed by Gerund
ex : He is accustomed to having
his own office. She is addicted to watching TV. She is afraid
of speaking in public.
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar